Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tommy

I realize I've not said much about our sweet little TOMMY.

SO...(in my big Megaphone voice)

Weighing in at 21 1/2 pounds,
29 1/2 inches long, we give you

TOMMY
at 9 months (almost)

And the crowd goes wild!

I'n't he CUTE?!

Likes:
  • Rides in the stroller. He used to hold his feet straight out the entire time we walked unless he was asleep. Now he kicks his legs in a nonchalant way.
  • REAL food. He'll eat baby food if I force it, but only because he loves food too much to say no.
  • The bathtub.
  • The bathroom. This a recent development. If the door is open, if the light is on (one or the other or both) it's like a tractor beam pulling him in. If the light is on and the door is closed he'll lay in front of the door and stick his hands beneath it trying his hardest to GET IN THERE. And, of course, once in he heads straight for the toilet. Boys.
  • A good joke. If someone is laughing, he laughs too. Sometimes he tells his own and starts laughing. If you don't laugh with him, he waits for you to look his way and then starts up again.
  • Charlie and Jane. He waits for them when they're gone. He follows them when they're around.
  • Reading books.
  • Eating books.
  • Rummaging for food beneath the table. (Who needs a dog?) Have I mentioned this kid loves to eat?
  • Being in the middle of...well, EVERYTHING. (And that's the way we like it!)
  • Music and dancing. If there's a beat, he be-bops!

Dislikes:

  • A diaper change.
  • When Mommy leaves.
  • Macaroni Summer Salad (the one food he actually gags on).

Tommy really doesn't complain much. He's just a "chill" kiddo. The normal "separation anxiety" junk is starting to set in...or else I'm am just an OUTSTANDING mother who he can't BARE to let out of his sight. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.

I have a feeling This boy is going to keep us on our toes. He's always moving, always into something, and I'm sure there are days ahead where I will wonder if the insanity will stop. Oh, who am I kidding? In this house, I already wonder that!

But Tommy's a darling boy. And we love him.

11 comments:

Emily S. said...

He's such a cutie. What a fun post!

Chris and Kelli Ann said...

Love everything about that post! He is so so so cute and I absolutely love your hair!

Sandra said...

CUTIE! I love that you put he likes to read books than eat them ha ha.

Nat said...

So cute!! R loves the bathroom, too. Ewww!

Foxyboxy said...

You and Dave were DESTINED to be together, if for no other reason than the cute kids that were the result. You can keep having kids for the rest of us... :)

Megan said...

He really is adorable and I love his dimple!

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

He weighs almost as much as Jonathan! Let's hope HE doesn't decide to stick his head between the banister things!

I love the joke thing! Telling his own & laughing at them-what a guy!

He's such a cutie!

Jody and Jace Martin said...

Oh man, I could just eat him up!!!

Marcie said...

He's so cute!! Thanks for this post. I see him all the time, but I don't really SEE him. It's been a long time since since I've really watched him play and get to know his personality. So it's great to hear about his likes and dislikes. You'd better bring him over before the real separation anxiety sets in if it hasn't already.

Valerie said...

He is such a Cutie Kara, he fits right in with your other two.

Anonymous said...

HOW CAN HE NOT LIKE SUMMER SALAD? OH NO!!! What a darling.