Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dun-duun-da-da-da-DUUN-dun-da-da-da-DUUN-dun-da-da-da-DUUN...

(that's me singing the Star Wars Theme song)

Potty Training.
The words themselves evoke an UGH!
When we tried and Charlie was completely uninterested in July of last year, 
I thought, "I'm probably going to be potty training two kids together..." 
But some flash of inspiration hit--
THE FORCE
if you will--and the dream...


suddenly became something tangible.
(Although, and believe you me, we FELT it in more ways than once several times...and it was gross at times)
With a little help from these guys
(Bribery: an essential tool! If you can't see them, they're some Star Wars action figures)


and the dream of sleeping with YODA at his side

the Dream was made a REALITY
and I can say
CHARLIE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!!
"On the potty, he goes."
Congratulations, my young paduwan.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I let Helen see the pics of Charlie and told her that Yoda was his prize for being potty-trained... she said, "he's scary" (meaning Yoda NOT Charlie)

Congrats, Charlie!

Julie said...

Oh man. I just realized I have to train another kid to potty. It's been too long! I'm sure the Star Wars incentive will be popular as we are all into sci-fi!

Congratulations to you!

Jake Taylor said...

Yay! GiGi is starting to be interested in going potty like a big girl. I'll have to tell my parents about the incentive thing.

Foxyboxy said...

I'm glad SOMEONE'S kid is motivated by reward. I happen to ahve the only kid on the PLANET who is not. I tried everything...I really did. But one day, it just clicked for him. Maybe it was that he saw me on the brink of insanity and was frightened into using the toilet. Not sure, but whatever it was, it worked and BLESS THAT DAY!! Potty training is the closest I've ever come to really feeling my brain slip out of place...scary.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! for Charlie. DOUBLE HURRAY!!!! for Anne! I am so happy for you and so glad Charlie made it. What a load (oh, bad pun!) off your mind or out of his pants.

Megan said...

Ah Congratulations!!! I felt so accomplished when Andrew finally became potty trained! I blogged about it for at least a month. The pics are adorable. Andrew LOVES star wars too!

Amy Hunter said...

OH. I am SOOOO jealous I could flip. Noah is doing "all right" as long as he's naked...don't know when that is going to change...someone told me to try boxer's instead of the regular tighty whities, because he'll feel "free-er." Maybe I just need to introduce him to the force! I think your little padewan charlie is adorable, by the way.

Pressett Family said...

sweet! I love when they accomplish full control of their bodily functions!! What a relief!