Why do I even bother? (anyone who knows Bart well will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about...)
For the record, I love camping!
There's nothing like the fresh air to stimulate a mind after it has been
pulverized by three weeks of
NO DAY OFF.
That being said, however, I have my limits!
And YES OF COURSE we went camping--in the cold...and the rain.
And YES OF COURSE it was still fun...ish. ;)
Jane was fascinated with the bug on the rock. She hi-tailed it when said bug suddenly decided to flee from the rock and move her way.
This picture was taken just before that moment.
Charlie and Jane played in the tent for the first hour and didn't want to get out!
I'll give a penny to anyone who can tell me what Charlie is doing in this picture.
It didn't matter where we were or what we were doing, if we said,
"Do you want to go back to the tent?" Charlie said, "YEAH!"
Despite being a mini-vacation, Jane still had work to do.
Jane's already short enough, don't you think, without having to cut her legs off??
The car ride home:
What's that you say? Where are the COLD and the RAIN in these photos?
Oh, that's right. Those happened in the evening and all night long!
Gotcha.











11 comments:
Oh, you are awesome parents. I've been married to Eric for 8 1/2 years and I haven't gone camping with him once yet. I feel a little guilty. But, is it enough? ....nope.
It looks like you guys had a fabulous time, even though you froze. What fun memories. You rock.
Wow, looks gorgeous there. I guess we'll have to try it out although we own no camping gear whatsoever. :) My favorite picture is Jane and the bug. That's adorable! My only guess for Charlie is doing Book of Mormon Stories, although it's probably wrong. Some Indian pose?
It looks as if Charlie is preaching to us. About what though is a good question. Glad you had fun!!
Sadly, both of these guesses are wrong... any others?
You're a better woman than I, Kara. I WILL NOT camp, under any circumstances, warm and dry or cold and wet. Nada. Doesn't matter. Me and tents have a hate-hate relationship and I hate creepy crawlies and outdoor bathroom facilities and...ewwww. I must stop thinking about it. It's grossing me out.
My guess: Charlie is casting a spell on the table...?
Looks like a fun trip!
FUN, and we are jealous. For the simple fact that you are all in shorts, sandals and short sleeve shirts. ummm and on the beach, really it can't be that cold!
I can't wait for it to warm up here, last weekend was 36' and rainy. So sad.
Jake is the closest on the guesses, but still a little off. Think STAR WARS.
You guys do the most fun things together as a family! Aren't we Mosses just some sticks in the mud! I told Ryan that now that he has a new job so he won't be working crazy hours all week & weekend & finished with school that I want to go do some stuff this summer.
Kara, I love the pictures. It is so beautiful there. As for you visiting Oregon anytime you are welcome, we will be here for 2 1/2 more years. Hey better yet, lets house swap for a week, trade coasts. :()
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment