We did NOT find out the gender of our baby.
*GASP*
Even had we wanted to, this little person is modest and wasn't showing.
SO--
1. In the future, if I happen to use a gender in reference to this baby, it is completely innocent. I will most likely be using "HE" (as in "this little human"). I do believe in women's rights, but not so far as to use HE/SHE every time I want to talk about "the baby." I want to be able to get away from always using "the baby" when discussing "the baby." For all you Women's Rights Activists who feel I should use equal "she" to "he," get over it.
(I'm feeling a little fiesty today; can you tell?)
2. Look for upcoming polls. This is going to be all kinds of fun!
3. If anyone has a great boy name, and doesn't mind sharing*, we're open to ANY ideas.
ANY AT ALL.
*Unless you're going to be offended if we DON'T use your suggestion. In that case, keep it to yourself.
8 comments:
Haha. Yay for you on not finding out and for the new van. (I saw your post on facebook) I want an Odyssey so bad!
I love feisty pregnant women! All sorts of things fly out of your mouth (or your fingers) and you can TOTALLY get away with it! ;) Ha! I love it!
My name suggestions are as follows and I bet you'll find a common thread....
1. Jack Sparrow Thayn
2. Blackbeard Thayn
The hope would be that Blackbeard would be able to produce an actual black beard upon hitting puberty,but in a world of irony, he would be unable to grow a beard, only a blonde goatee. :)
I like Foxyboxy's name ideas.
I love names. Probably because I'm a writer and names are very important in a book.
Now...wait...by asking for a boy name...does this mean you're actually having a boy and you're just being coy AND feisty. That's quite the combo. ;)
Name suggestions at this point for you to ponder on:
1. Kendrick (The only drawback to this one is that he'd probably be called Ken, Kenny, Ricky or Rick all of which I'm not a fan of...)
2. Jacob (HA! Just had to put that in there. Because it's probably the best name out there.)
3. Easton (and since you're living out east it's only fitting.)
4. Chance (I don't know why but I like this name.)
5. Archer
I'm excited for the actual polls. This will be fun!
Dear Anne - I think you would expend less energy (and let's face it as a pregnant woman with two children already, you must conserve where possible) if you only listed the days that you were NOT feeling feisty. So far, I can think of none :)
I have no name suggestions, but Foxyboxy is definitely on to something. I will ponder it and get back to you (since I KNOW my input is INvaluable - LOL).
Hooray!!! How exciting! It really is the funnes thing to wait! Boy names are HARD! But, apparently there is a website out there (my sister in law told me this) where you can type in a name you already like and it will give you a list of names that are commonly linked to that name. My sister in law put her oldest son's name in and then it listed 3 or 4 of her other son's names (she has 7 boys)! She says either that website is amazing, or they are highly predictable! BTW, her boy's names are Conner, Jackson, Bryce, Alexander, Benson, Gabriel, and Spencer. Thought maybe one of those might hit the spot.
I suggest Teancum every time, mainly because I think it is a ridiculous name. I am an old fashioned girl and therefore prefer normal names. Nothing that is a car (Bently) or a place (Camden) or a last name... :)
Obviously I haven't checked your blog in awhile or I would have voted on the last post. I was just going to ask on Sunday when your ultrasound was. I think that's neat that you'll get to hear the doctor call out what it is. We did that with Kylie and enjoyed it. Especially calling our families and telling them. As for baby names, maybe you can borrow Alexis' baby name book when I'm done with it. :) It's pretty good. Hope everything went well at the ultrasound. Feel like I haven't talked to you in a long time, yet nothing's been going on.
All right....You asked for it! Simon, Nicholas, Dominic, Robert Boyd, Alexander, Daniel, Benjamin, Cameron, Mark, Geoffrey or Jeffrey, Timothy, James and on it goes. Boys names were always easier for me. I still like Kathryn, Susan and Bethany for girls. By the way, Teancum is a family name--your 3rd great-grandfather that Taylor Mountain is named after. Of course his oldest son was Rueben and I wouldn't encourage that one either. Love ya,
Post a Comment