Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tag, You're IT!

I know I am cheap (although I prefer to call it "economically wise") when:
-I have more undershirts than overshirts in my closet. (I can't just go BUY new clothes! Christmas is coming!)
-I buy 2 Halloween t-shirts because they're only $5. When Bart asks, "What happens when it's not Halloween?" I reply, "I'll wear them anyway!" This is beyond him.
-I turned off the AC at the beginning of Oct. and no matter how hot and muggy it gets, I WILL NOT TURN THE AC BACK ON! (That's what the fans are for!)
-I cut my own hair. (with ZERO experience...scary, I know!)

I know I am successful when:
-I take my boy to nursery and he doesn't cry when I leave.
-I can make it to church on time, period. (and why is it I can Make it on time when Bart's not there, but not when he IS?)
-I play with my kids at the park.
-I do all my Visiting Teaching.
-I get all the grocery shopping done with no tears involved!
-I mop the kitchen floor.

I know I am Old when:
-My 18-year-old sister won't take my hand-me-downs.
-I still have NOT ONCE text messaged.
-one of my young women from Colorado is married and expecting a baby!
-I just figured out what Facebook is.
-I think, "That thing I just did is just like my mother!"
-I didn't really know about Blogger TAG!

I know my husband loves me when:
-I get mad at him and he doesn't fight back (Stasha--I think the "You are so cute" thing must be a Carbon County Born and Bread quirk.)
-he makes breakfast and lets me "sleep in" (usually that means fall back to sleep after having been up feeding Jane already).
-he opts for "Family Time" rather than "Guy Time" even though there is a certain amount of fellow-resident pressure to be "social."
-he buys me new clothes.
-he helps me clean the house on his day off.
-he eats that slighty burnt such-and-so I just cooked up for dinner.
-he takes me in his arms, kisses me, and says, "You are so beautiful" when I know I look and smell my absolute worst!

***I am supposed to Tag 6 other people to do the same! I tag Debbi T., Lena A., Emily C., Leslee W., Amy H., and Jody M! Looking forward to reading yours!***

4 comments:

Pressett Family said...

That wasn't so bad, huh? It's great to hear all about you all. miss the good old days!

Pressett Family said...

oh and yeah, no milk. Water first thing in the morning and water before bed. water all day long.

Foxyboxy said...

I'm really hoping it took your days to come up ith those answers. Man, you must be quick on your feet if not. I am giong to have to think about some of thsoe things. But I'm glad to know someone else in the great big universe feels successful when they mop the floor. When did that stuff start happening to us, anyway? :)

Anonymous said...

Amen to all the successful comments, although the AC one is not on for me, it is I only turned the furnace on last Friday when the temp at night went to freezing.