Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My New Best Friend

Meet Stoney


O.K. I really haven't stooped low enough to NAME it (although I may just do that in the future--suggestions welcome). And I am not being paid to promote Pampered Chef (but maybe I should be...Hmmm...), but can I just say

how much

I LOVE

my new stoneware cookie sheet?

My friends, if you only KNEW how much I love this sheet, you would totally buy one.
IT IS FAB-DABULOUS!

You must know, if you don't already, I'm not that high-maintenance when it comes to kitchen gadgets and gizmos. I was amazed when we got married and Bart insisted we buy a cookie scooper (you know, those little tiny ice cream scoops?). I mean, what's wrong with two spoons? That's how my family always rolled and we SURVIVED. I also lived in a place for 2 years where the only kitchen appliances we had were the European-sized fridge and small gas stove/oven. Oh, and a toaster. AND I made bread almost every day! By hand. And we survived.

So the mere fact that I feel it important enough to post should tell you something.

*eh-hem*

Back to the original point.

Not only does Stoney (uh-oh...) cook things up just perfectly, it is so versatile! AND not only that, it's big enough that I can bake pizza on it (tried and true!), AND I can fit 20, (did you hear that?)

20

good-sized cookies on it! (and that cuts cookie batch baking time!)

The down sides are that it is big, and it is a little heavy. Right now I have to store it on top of the microwave.

HOWEVER, it has great built-in (formed, molded, whatever) handles and it's BIG, and it BAKES UP A GREAT BATCH OF...WHATEVER!

IT

IS

AMAZING!

the end

7 comments:

Mamafamilias said...

See I like this one because it has handles. I bought one a hundret years ago and you had to buy a rack to sit it on to get it in and out of the oven and that's really a pain. I love, love, love Pampered Chef stuff. And I'm a kitchen gadget freak. Love the stuff. My Pampered Chef must-have is a little wire whisk for mixing up chocolate milk.

Nat said...

That is amazing!
...and now everyone who reads this should buy one of of our fundraiser boutique through the Pampered Chef link!!

http://cantkickthischickboutique.blogspot.com!

Marcie said...

Wow, I guess you really do like the cookie sheet (since you put it on your blog in addition to telling me about it last night.) I want to see a picture with 20 good sized cookies on it. Then I'll think about getting one. Cutting cookie time would be great.

politicchic6 said...

Almost thou persuadest me to be a cookie baker... but when I can eat the cookies other people eat...

Jake Taylor said...

You should be a spokesperson for Pampered Chef. I make chocolate chip cookies for my family (almost) every Sunday and "Stoney" sounds like it would be a good, scratch that, GREAT thing to have for those occasions!

Tinkerbel said...

We used ours for the first time a couple of days ago, and Paul wasn't sold. However, he did make oatmeal choco-chip cookies that didn't have enough flour. The cookies were very hard to get off the stone and the bottoms crumbled away. I think it was the recipe and not the stoneware, but not a great way to start out our relationship.

Pressett Family said...

ok, I am starting to think you are pregnant again? (only because I was right the last time you didn't post for almost 2 months.)