What is it with kids pushing each other's buttons? Charlie will say, "No it's not," when he knows Jane thinks (or KNOWS) that IT IS. Jane will call Charlie a "pretend name" that she knows he dislikes.
Pick, pick, pick.
Today at lunch they were having an argument over something silly. Jane has mastered the skill of knowing exactly what buttons to push to get the biggest rise. After listening to them go back and forth a few times and knowing that Charlie was getting more and more upset, I finally said,
"Charlie, just ignore Jane. Pretend you can't hear her!"
Jane immediately looked at the toy frog she had in her hand and made him say back to herself, "I can hear you..."
Oh, Heaven help us.
8 comments:
You have such a cute family! We miss you guys so much, I hope you guys are all doing good. Sounds like you have so much fun. Love ya!
I hear it only gets worse as they grow older. My kids do the same thing, they know what pushes my buttons too he he.
I wonder what they'll be like when they're teenagers.
The word verification word is "nopized." You've been nopized. Not sure if it is better or worse than being yepized.
I know your pain! My children are on a roll as far as fighting goes lately. I just read a good book called Siblings without rivalry... it had some good ideas but I need to go back and read it again!! and again!!
We NEVER have that problem at our house. My boys are always loving and kind and never hit each other or pinch each other or steal toys or scream or chase each other or push each other or artgue at the dinner table or try to "win" each other in EVERYTHING. Never. So sorry for your abnormal children. :) HA!!! So nice to know others are dealing with the same stuff.... ;)
Oh my gosh...I'm rolling!
Come on! Tell me that you didn't love tormenting your siblings when you were younger? I still like to torture my brothers!
and here I was living in some kind of fantasy world thinking that life might get easier once our kids could talk. yeesh.
Post a Comment