Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bedtime

As in any household with small children, Bedtime doesn't always go smoothly here. Usually there's a little weeping and wailing, some gnashing of teeth. "I don't want to take a bath!" followed by, "I don't want to get out of the bath!" and then a few naked hooligans trying to escape the inevitable, etc. However, every once in a while we get surprised and something fun happens that makes us remember it's not really all that bad.

Charlie loves to "read" us Green Eggs and Ham. He does pretty well considering the fact that, well, he can't read. Tonight he gave us a special treat.

Charlie: (at the end of the book)
"And I would eat them on a train, and I would eat them in the rain. I would eat them in a car, and I would eat them in the snow."

Bart: "SNOW??"

Charlie: (giggling) "HAHA! Just kiddin'!"

I just wish I could have caught the look on his face on camera. He was so pleased with himself.

Last night Bart and I enjoyed watching some Brian Reagan comedy. Somewhere in the middle we heard the pitter-patter of little feet and some peeping noises on the stairs.

"Hello?" I called. All pitter-patters and peeping stopped. We thought the culprit had gone back to bed. (Shows how much we know, right? I mean, seriously, what 2 or 4-year-old is going to go back to bed by themselves when Mom and Dad are CLEARLY having more fun??) 45 minutes later we found this atop the stairs leading to the bedrooms:

Apparently Jane wanted to listen to Brian Reagan too. He IS hilarious after all!

7 comments:

Karen E. said...

How adorable is that?!?

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

Too cute!

politicchic6 said...

Or maybe she just loves the soft comfort of carpet...

Amy Hunter said...

Ah! How funny. I love your kiddies.

Pressett Family said...

That is so cute!

Nat said...

So cute!

This is Natalie Olsen (Bates). I'm not sure how I came across your blog, but I did. I can't believe how big your kids are! Where in the world are you guys anyway?

Nat said...

I would love to give you permission to check out our blog, but I need your email address first. My address is nesloeilatan@gmail.com. If you shoot me off an email, I can send you that invite.

I can't wait to catch up!

P.S. My sister moved a few months ago, so you guys aren't as close as you were. You are closer to her than we are, though!