I don't think we've ever let a month lapse where we didn't post SOMETHING, so I'm just letting everyone know we are indeed still alive.
A few things:
1. We had a great mini-vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC during Bart's week off:
Note: yes, Charlie has the telescope pointed TOWARD the hotels. YIKES!
Yes, we know all our "vacations" tend to tilt toward a certain trend--beach, aquariums and so on--but can you blame us?
WE'RE PIRATES!!
2. Charlie has begun refusing to put on regular clothes. P.J.'s all the way, baby. It's so bad that every time Bart walks through the door, Charlie says, "Hey, Dad. It's time to get in your P.J.s" He's also donned a cape of late and taught Jane how to shoot a pistol.
3. Jane is still dabbling in fashion. We lost the picture, but let me paint a picture of her latest trip to the grocery store. Please note we went after dark. Purple overalls, red coat, pink rain boots (she wears these EVERYWHERE), sea-blue fuzzy Ariel snow hat (compliments Aunt Mary Moony), and sun glasses. She put on everything except the overalls by herself. This girl is going places. And if that's not enough, maybe she can go into showbiz. She recently learned how to snap her fingers.
4. It snowed for the 2nd year in a row. So much for looking forward to a few snow-free years, and thank goodness we brought our 30 winter hats, 12 pairs of gloves, and nice winter boots despite all reports of "rarely" seeing snow.
5. We expect to pick up a third scallawag sometime around 3 Sept 2010. We're hoping Charlie and Jane will show our newest little crew member the ropes and that we, Anne and Bart, will instill a true sense of adventure in pillaging life for all the best booty!







12 comments:
Congratulations! That is exciting. I hope you have been feeling good!
Yay! I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to see what pirate name you come up with :)
Also, I'm with Charlie on the pjs. I would wear pjs all the time if I could!
Me reading along: "La, la, la, cute, cute, cute. Love these kiddies, WAIT...WHAT????" I'm so excited for you!!! You are such a wonderful person, and especially wonderful mommy. What a lucky little one. I hope you are feeling all right! Congratulations!
congratulations on expecting! way to drop the bomb at the end of the post. you really ARE a pirate! lol
Talk to you tomorrow!
Way to downplay the entrance of of ANOTHER COOL THAYN!!! Holy cow...you just threw that right in. I'm so excited!! Another beach baby!! I hope you're feeling well and everything is going great--you're a pro at this now, right? :) Congrats to all my favorite pirates....
Congrats! That is sooo exciting. Hope you are feeling good that everything goes well with your pregnancy. CONGRATS again!
congratulations! lincoln is 10 weeks and i'm still trying to figure out how people take care of one child. 3! you are amazing! i'm really excited to see this next little pirate.
Congrats! Also glad to see you're taking full advantage of those rather rare weeks of vacation :)
Okay, Mrs. we did this, and we did that...oh yeah, and we are having a new baby! Way to slip it in there casually. So excited for you lady!!
I would like to thrice congratulate your parenting skills.
1-Clearly your boy already knows that getting out of his PJs is a bad plan.
2-Your daughter is independent AND fashion forward.
3-You are having a lit'l un.
I knew it! Congrats! We are excited for you all and hopefully we won't be that far behind you on number 3!
Congratulations!
btw, that alligator picture freaked me out until I realized it was the aquarium.
Post a Comment