So, (Jane has begun telling her stories beginning with "So," and I wonder where she got that from. Must correct this...)
I'm sorry it has, YET AGAIN, been too long. We have had some really fun things to do the past several months and have taken some really great pictures! But when I think of catching up I just get discouraged. How do I pick the BEST photos when there are so many good ones?? Maybe, dear readers, I will not catch up but just GO FORWARD. Would that be ok with you?
"So, what brings you back to blogging today?" you ask. A good friend TAGGED me. And while I'm not really all that into playing most internet games, I can do this one. And if I tag you, no pressure, but know that I am genuinely interested in your answers to my questions!
Here goes nothing!
The Rules:
1.Post these rules
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself
3.Answer the questions set for you in their post
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5.Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
My Randomness:
1. Before I get into bed, the bed must be made. Even if this means that I make the bed 30 seconds before I get into it, so be it. I know it's weird, but who doesn't like getting in straightened sheets and blankets that fully cover you? (I know not everyone does. In fact, I think I'm one of 6 siblings that doesn't like a rumpled bed.)
2. I will deny loving sappy love stories in person, but guess which genre I read the most? And I'm not talking Twilight (ick!) or lust-in-the-dust novels. Give me a good Young Adult (mostly fantasy) book and I'm good to go. Not that I don't enjoy other genres of books. But YA Fiction is the go-to for this sleep deprived mother, ok?
3. I am a member of a recipe blog called Mormon Mavens in the Kitchen. I would also like to give a shout-out to What's For Dinner? because I've done a sorry job of contributing.
4. As a general rule, I don't love spaghetti. I'll eat it, and once in a while fix it for dinner (no more than once a month), but I think I ate too much of it when I was a child. (Sorry, Mom.)
5. I would love to be fashion savvy, but I'm not. I just barely learned how to do my hair and I'm 30 years old. I see a style and think, "That's cute!" but I can never quite pull it off. :)
6. I love hats. I even have a few really cute ones, but...(see no. 5)
7. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. The things that come most to mind lately are Elementary Ed (must be from my calling at church), Appliance Repair, Radiology, and Automotive Repair/Technology.
8. One of my favorite things about staying home with my kids is being able to answer questions when they ask. Sometimes, with kids, the moment comes and is gone. I'm glad I can be there when it comes.
9. I am not opposed to pajama days.
10. I am usually my best self when I get up, shower, and get ready for the day before everyone else.
11. When I'm in the "real" mountains, there is no place like the mountains. When I am ocean front, there is no place like the ocean. I am a girl divided.
Questions from Julie to me:
1. If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That's a tough one! So many goodies. If I could chose a set, Planet Earth. If it's just one movie, right this moment, Disney's Tangled--because take it from your mumsie, Mother knows best!
2. What is your go-to breakfast, the one you have most often?
Unfortunately, cold cereal (see reasons for #2 in MY RANDOMNESS). My choice: homemade oatmeal made from steel cut oats with berry/fruit add-ins, cooked overnight in the Crock Pot. Oh. My. Goodness.
3. If you could interview one person from history, who would it be?
My Savior, Jesus Christ. Who could possibly have more knowledge, insight, or wisdom?
4. Who inspires you to work out?
Bart. And the thought of my brothers talking bad about me. :)
5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Brownie Fudge Sunday OR Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk
6. If the whole world was one big country and everywhere was peaceful and safe, where would you want to live (you can take family and friends with you!)?
Switzerland.
7. What is something you've always wanted to do but were/are afraid to do it?
Take voice lessons. Silly, huh? I'm afraid I'd walk in and be one of those people they "just can't help."
8. If you could choose one food that would never make you fat no matter how much of it you ate, what would it be?
Something Peanut Butter/Chocolate. Scratch that. EVERYTHING with PB/Chocolate.
9. What is your favorite non-fiction book?
Painless Grammar There was a new one released last year, but the 2006 copy is the one I own.
10. What is your favorite fiction book?
North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell
11. If someone made a movie about your life, who would you pick to play you? Who would you pick to play your significant other?
*whew!* That's a loaded question that could maybe get me in trouble. I'd say, to play myself, late 1990's Meg Ryan. For Bart? Hugh Jackman...just because I think HJ might be able to pull off Bart's personality (and stunning good looks!). Tom Hanks would do a good job, too, but he's too old for me. I don't think Matt Damon, my top pick, could pull off Bart's personality...and I like him better in action movies. *wink, wink*
My Questions For You:
1. If you could automatically acquire the skills/academics, and you had the schedule for it, what is your dream job?
2. What is the #1 played song on your iPod (or other audio device)?
3. If you could see, but not necessarily participate in unless you wanted to, any moment in history, what would that moment be?
4. What is your favorite drink?
5. What is your least favorite chore?
6. If you could change your name for a day, what would you change it to?
7. When was the last time you had an AMAZING meal? And was it the company or the food?
8. What is the worst gift you have ever received?
9. What is something that you learned in the last week?
10. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
11. You can only work on one project for the next year. What is it?
P.S. ANYONE who wants to answer, leave a comment (if not on your own blog)! I'd LOVE to see what you write. :)

5 comments:
I'm so glad you decided to play!
Random #1--I am SO with you on this. There is nothing like the feeling of getting into a made bed.
I answered, but decided to do it on Crafty Cousins. I hope that's okay.
http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/01/cornstarch-finger-paint.html
I was actually looking for something to put on my blog so...I will play along. :)
K, I'm tagging you but you just have to answer the 11 questions. Just for me. :)
I'm glad Julie tagged you because this was great.
I'm with you on the bed thing too.
I'm just as bad about dirty dishes. I CAN NOT start cooking with dirty dishes on the counter/in the sink.
Post a Comment