Getting a family photo with this crew is something of an art.
An Adventure.
An outright headache.
1. I don't know why Tommy wouldn't smile in this picture. That's usually all he does (unless you take him away from his mommy. Then he cries.)! He's definitely a happy boy. NOT that you could tell from this picture.
2. Charlie hates having pictures taken. And when I say, "Hates," I mean LOATHES. He can usually sniff a camera from a mile away and runs, ducks, hides behind, eludes said camera with an art that any detective agency would be proud of. Maybe they wouldn't be so proud of him yelling at the top of his lungs, "NO PICTURES!!", which is also part of the deal.
I'm still flabbergasted that he stood still long enough to say, "Cheese," AND smile, even if he did whip out his Spiderman hands--which I'm not complaining about. We usually have to bribe him for a long time, OR hold him upside down as shown here (Scroll down a bit.).
3. Jane cannot sit still. I don't know why, but she really can't. The ever, "I AM HOLDING STILL!" exits the mouth that is sitting on the bobbing head. Her hands are always going (as you can see in the above picture). Never a dull moment with this girl.
4. Everyone has to be in a relatively good mood. I think no explanation is needed here. Any parent--any child for that matter--KNOWS what family pictures are like, right?
SO~ with all that said, and for all the negative tones (sorry, a little sleep deprived) I'm really happy with how this picture turned out! (A big shout-out to our friend Jorge who took it!)
It really shows our personality, doesn't it?

9 comments:
I love the new family foto. Mary and I have decided we are only going to use the family foto we took in 1990. never mind the jon is 15 and laura is 6
Your family is beautiful! I love your haircut. Getting a good family photo with young kids is truly a miracle!
You look amazing! And your family couldn't get any cuter! You guys really make some cute kiddos!
That looks great! Cute cute family!
I think this is a classic example of the parts being greater than the whole. Seriously, each person looks like they are taking their individual portrait and that is hilarious. Tommy looks like a far off visionary. Jane looks like she's making a bomb. Charlie looks like a surfer. Good times.
I LOVE this picture! Your family is beautiful! I love how happy you look. :)
cute! I love your hair! (funny how I always notice such things!) The baby got big! He is so cute! They all are!
cute. I thought Jackson was just telling himself that he loves himself with sign language. Those are cute kiddos. You both look good too. I can't believe you just had a baby, and Dave is looking thin too. Good for him.
I feel your pain.
Trying to get a family picture when Heather's baby was blessed was a no-go. We finally gave up.
So I'm thoroughly impressed at your family picture. Looking good.
Post a Comment