Sunday, February 6, 2011

Things on my mind...

I've had some things on my mind of late. Not important things. Just STUFF. I know, I know. My high school English teacher (whom I LOVE, by the way) would tell me to come up with more "expensive" words to describe what I mean. But really, it is just STUFF.

Firstly, winter always makes me feel a little pent up.

So I've been reminiscing about these days:


Ah, how young and innocent we were. How simple life was. How good that water smelled, looked, tasted. It makes me want to take a vacation somewhere tropical.



And then there were times like these:



I love being out doors. Bart would tell you I have my limits of being "dirty" (and I'm not so proud that I will admit otherwise--I mean, what's wrong with being clean even while being recreational?) There's just something exhilarating about feeling your legs burning after a good volleyball game or hike. I love the fresh air in my lungs.

HOWEVER, we can't go on any big vacations right now. Mostly because of this

and this little cutie.

Secondly, I've been thinking a lot about these people:

That gets me thinking about where we will eventually end up and how close to family we will be. *sigh*

That thought leads to the actual place we will live. That, of course, is undetermined and in my experience, even when you THINK life is going to go a certain way and that you'll do this, and this, and this, it doesn't turn out that way. Ever. At least, that has been MY experience.

So I begin thinking about our white picket fence

and how we will decorate.
I don't give this much thought because I know virtually NOTHING about home decor.

THAT thought leads to how I need to learn more about things I know nothing about (shouldn't be hard, should it?) I need to improve my mind and get physically and mentally fit. I need to beautify my soul.




I know that thoughts of this kind will always be there. There will always be SOMETHING I want to do that I can't at the moment. Admittedly, it's very easy to get feeling sorry for myself. Waa, waa, waa.

That's why we have to take trips like these:







Yes, it's February. Yes, we have to wear jackets. But there is just nothing like getting out and playing in the sand. My thoughts were refreshed and rejuvenated as I listened to the ocean, the gulls, and felt the fresh air fill my lungs. Life is good. My family is healthy and happy.

*contented sigh*

Now, what was I saying?

8 comments:

Nat said...

It looks like you have had a lot of fun adventures!

I'm itching for Spring too...

Jake Taylor said...

Loved this post. Thanks for sharing your "STUFF" with us.

Amy Hunter said...

I loved this post. Thank you for saying exactly the same "stuff" I would have. Kindred friend.

Unknown said...

Good post...for the record, I think you have a wonderfully creative mind, enviable energy and vigor for life, beautiful children and soon(ish) your hubby will have more time to spend with you and the kiddos.
Wish we were closer and could hang out!

politicchic6 said...

Just the post I needed this morning as I was feeling like a prisoner to an 8 week old. :)

Sandra said...

How are you! Your little family is adorable. Just curious as to how you know Natalie? Where are you at these days? Ahh so many questions. Your post makes me want to go on vacation :) Fun pics

The WORkMan MoMMa said...

Nice blog Kara!! We will try and have home all warmed up for you when you come for your vist...but I am not sure if the warmth will come to pass :)

Jen said...

Wait a minute- since when did you have 3 kids? And how come I didn't know about your blog? And how is it that I am not your friend on Facebook? I am out of the loop!