Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ta-BACK-uh

I was listening to NPR last night and "they" were discussing Tobacco. I won't delve into Dr. Such-and-so's opinion, but it was a little ironic that as I was listening I was also driving past numerous tobacco fields.

Then I got thinking that many of our family members, having not been here during tobacco season, might like to see some pictures of it. Bart had the day "off" today (meaning he has to work tonight) so we took the kids off for a photo shoot. 
Hope you enjoy!

Tobacco in its pure form.
These plants are probably 4-ish feet high.


The vastness of the field.


I like this picture because it has the "plantation" houses in the background. (not that you can see them in this view)
It really is beautiful to look out and see all that green--even if it is tobacco. :)

6 comments:

RobinsonRugrats said...

FYI....it looks like that field has been "topped and succored" and that means they will be "taking it in" soon!

Amy Hunter said...

Very educational! I feel smarter today because of you.

Julie said...

I love your phonetic spelling of tobacco! Spot on!

Kara said...

Julie, I'm glad to hear you like it. After I posted I wondered if it would be offensive to anyone. I'm really not trying to make fun, but that's really how people say it. :)

Jake Taylor said...

Wow! Who would have thought that tobacco fields could be so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I always love a little education. Thanks. Isn't it sad that such a beautiful plant brings about so much misery? I know topped but what does it mean to succor the plants?