Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Diamond Lasts Forever

Let me take you all back to 27 July 2006 (the only reason I remember the date is because it was the day before my little brother got married). Charlie and I rode to the Hogle Zoo with St. Anthony and his Bel of the Ball. I took my wedding band and diamond ring off and sat them on the seat next to me so I could sunscreen Charlie and myself. I forgot to put them back on and when we came back after our day in the zoo the band was sitting there, but the diamond ring had disappeared. We searched everywhere. We called Lost and Found. We even took all the seats and mats out of the car and vacuumed every inch of it and then dumped the bag out to look for the ring. It was gone. Sad and depressed, we called it a loss, but at least I still had the band.

Now, come back to present day--almost exactly 2 years to the day. I got our mail yesterday and noticed that we had a package that needed to be picked up at the post office. It was from St. Anthony and beautiful Bel of the Ball. Inside was a little box with a bow around it and a note saying they had found something that would, hopefully, remind us of home. (You can all see what's coming, right?) My breath caught in my throat as I opened the box, not quite daring to be too hopeful, and there sat my beautiful diamond ring winking up at me. The ring Bart had had custom modified just for me. YEAH!!! Undecided whether I should scream or cry with joy, I sat dazed for a moment and then I chose the former. YEAH!!! And then Jane cried because I scared her, so I put the ring on and comforted her.

So, thanks, St. Anthony and Bel of the Ball. The ring is back where it belongs and looks pretty good, too!



2 comments:

Foxyboxy said...

Nice story, Black Bearded Lady aka KT! This is Chris Cox. I can relate b/c I lost my wedding ring golfing and still haven't found it or received it in the mail. One question, where was your ring at for two years? Where was it found?

Kara said...

Chris! Good to hear from you!

Bel of the Ball found the ring in her car while vacuuming. She said it was sitting on the floor right in plain sight. How is THAT for wierd?? We tore that car apart! My guess is it was wedged somewhere and finally worked itself out into the open.

PS I am NOT bearded. I may get a whisker now and again, but that does not warrant name calling!